Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Daily Emails From News Sources: A Tip

.


Use a dedicated email address only for this function.

I have effectively had no email service for days due to the BBC's email bot (if that's the correct terminology) going on a bender and jamming my inbox with hundreds of the same email.

I had used my main email address of the blog for this purpose and loathe as I was to delete it, it was the only way I could resume communication with the outside world.

This has happened before, I had the same problem with the Atlanta Journal, so it is not that uncommon, but on that occasion I managed to get the problem resolved.

Update: Seems I'm not the only one who gets bombarded with mail.


US government forces military secrets on Brit webmaster

A website promoting the town of Mildenhall has been shut down after it unintentionally became the recipient of hundreds of classified emails, including messages detailing the planned flight path of President Bush.

Over more than a decade, www.mildenhall.com received emails detailing all kinds of secret military information that were intended for official Air Force personnel. One detailed where Air Force One could be found in the air during a planned visit to the region by President Bush. Others included battlefield strategy and passwords.more

No comments: