Sunday, September 02, 2007

Wiccan War Widow, A Snub From Dub?

.

We all know how honourable the Pentagon is when dealing with dissenters, I mean being such mature brave soldier boys they wouldn't stoop so low and be so petty as to deliberately snub the widow of a fallen hero would they? So who then, Dubya? I think not, I could and would lay a lot of things at his door but even in spite of knowing what a vindictive little man he is, I wouldn't tag him with this one.
Purely a mistake and an oversight then, yes that's what it will be.

I did discover something though reading the article that even atheists, I won't include myself here as all will become apparent, are permitted their own emblem on military tombstones. Here be the list with accompanying thumbnails if it interests you.


President Bush has apologized to the widow of a Wiccan soldier after she was excluded from a Nevada meeting this week that the president held with the families of soldiers killed in combat.


Roberta Stewart, whose husband, Sgt. Patrick Stewart, was killed in Afghanistan in 2005, was left off the invitation list for the private meeting Tuesday even though other members of her husband's family were invited. more

Previous:

Tawdry Tears and Tombstones


No comments: