Saturday, February 16, 2008

Half Brother And Sister Tell Of Heartache

.
Not too an unusual occurrence according to the pundits, I hope they can find some peace.


Genetic sexual attraction is a recognised psychological phenomenon, which sometimes affects siblings or blood relatives separated at birth, who then meet later as adults.

According to research, first published in the British Medical Journal in 1995, by Dr Maurice Greenberg and Professor Roland Littlewood, 50 per cent of people seeking post-adoption counselling "experienced strong sexual feelings in reunions" with their real family.


How we fell in love, by the brother and sister who grew up apart and met in their 20s

Perhaps it is because Danielle Heaney and Nick Cameron don't look in the least alike that they pass so easily for a pair of young lovers no different from any other.

She is a petite, delicate, blue-eyed blonde, while he is a strapping young man with auburn hair and soft brown eyes which never stray for long from her face.

They hold hands, they kiss, they stroke each other's arms, they listen attentively to each other. They are totally besotted.

What makes this scene so disturbing, however, is the fact that Danielle and Nick are half brother and sister.

Incest remains one of society's last taboos, as this troubled young couple know only too well. Prison is the ever present threat to this forbidden union.

"I know that loving my brother in this way is wrong morally and legally, but it just feels right," says 22-year-old Danielle.

"The only way to explain it is to say that the day I met Nick, I felt I had finally met my soulmate. Everything clicked. I would marry him if I could."

Nick, 28, adds: "My feelings are very confused. We are very deeply in love with each other, but sometimes I think 'she's my little sister. I shouldn't be feeling this way.'

"All I know is that for the first time in my life I feel I belong. I should feel ashamed of it, but I don't."more



I would drive on if I were you guys, follow your hearts not society.

No comments: