Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Wind Up In The Gulf

.


An unusually large and rare cyclone is heading for the Persian gulf, the implications for rising oil prices due to damage to installations is pretty obvious.
Depending how the storm tracks I think there may be one or two others holding their breaths, not least Sheik "Mo" of Dubai and the inhabitants of his fantasy islands.




I watched a documentary on the construction of this, dare I say hair brained scheme? You may call me unimaginative but I thought it was the most crackpot project I had ever heard of, apart from invading Iraq that is.













I am not wishing the tempest upon them but if it does hit Dubai it will be interesting to see how the whole shooting match stands up to a good blow.


Ecological fucking vandalism personified.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love his little islands. They are so cute. I saw the same documentary I believe you are referencing. Human imagination at its best.......Now ask me if I would live on one! Very pretty, imaginative, and nice maybe for a quick visit, but no way in hell would I ever live on one of those things....imagination does not equal "smart". HH