Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Injustice Abides In Georgia, Will It Culminate In Murder?



we still have people like Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia who cling to the notion that an innocent person has never been executed in our country. It was Scalia himself who famously said last year that if an innocent person were executed, that person’s name would be “shouted from the rooftops.”

How could Scalia be so wrong? And has he now taken up residence in Georgia?

The truth is that recent polls reveal a large majority of people believe an innocent person has been executed. And soon – very soon – it could happen in Georgia.



Troy Anthony Davis is sitting on death row. His life is in the balance for a crime many believe he didn’t commit. Davis’ case is a classic example of “CSI Syndrome;” no physical evidence links him to the murder: no hair, no fibers, no blood, not even a murder weapon was found. The appellate courts, yet another mechanism designed to prevent wrongful convictions, are of no help, thanks to a federal law passed in 1996 that prevents federal courts from reviewing new claims of innocence. Abolish The Death Penalty



Troy Anthony Davis



In the years following my conviction, my family had no more money to help me, two of my lawyers became Judges after my conviction, and did what they thought was a good job, yet never came to visit me unless my mother could bring them money, but we have the "Good Ole Boy" system here in the courts. The third lawyer the state put on came to court drunk, refused to ask the witnesses questions I wanted asked, and was later disbarred. Then the state appointed another lawyer to make sure the first lawyers did their job, this lawyer testified that he talked to me and my family, that was a flat lie Home Page


Troy Davis. Google search page latest.

No comments: