Friday, March 02, 2007

Thinking Blogger Award




Well I have given this keyboard a right good rattling today and although it is the beginning of the post it is in fact the last thing left write. I've been putting it off you see, a bit stuck for want of a word or two in fact. Larry who practices philosophy at the blog The Barefoot Bum has done me no small honour in seeing fit to give me a little badge that says a whole lot more than it's size, can I let the rules explain. Thank you Larry.


The ground rules are:
1. If, and only if, you get tagged, write a post with links to 5 blogs that make you think,
2. Link to this post so that people can easily find the exact origin of the meme,
3. Optional: Proudly display the 'Thinking Blogger Award' with a link to the post that you wrote.



When the talking is about the thinking, it's the thinking that this opening paragraph has to be thought with a touch of the West Cork about it. I'll give you a minute or two to get your thoughts around that one.

Now there will be one or two of you out there that will have a perfect understanding of what I've just said, there might be a couple more if they only knew where on earth West Cork actually was.
Now at this point, if there really was a big fellow up in the sky, he'd be jumping in and taking over the telling of this tale, for he'd be telling ye, "And all the while you buggers be saying I was sat on me arse on the Sunday, well you'd all be wrong, I was busy making me own bit o' heaven on earth and calling it West Cork, but sure it wouldn't be everybody I'd want to be knowing about it, just me mates, you know, me chosen few."

But there isn't and he didn't, but if there was, he would have, for sure isn't the proof still there, West Cork that is, and it's still only the chosen few that live there. And that my friends is my kind of philosophy, and perhaps if I'd be telling the tale a couple of millennia ago and somebody had bothered his arse and written it down and things would have been a touch different today.

For we'd be having Matthew Mark Luke and Himself. The gospel according to Himself, jazus now wouldn't they be on their knees for that now. I can hear 'em, "Hallelujah it came straight from the lips of Himself."
Now you have to be admitting, it's got a mighty ring to it, L Ron Hubbard, eat yer heart out.

So this little bit of my philosophy is my own small way of thanking Larry for the honour he bestows upon me, and it gives me a chance to say, what lots of you out there would also like to say, but are afraid of being labled a thicko. Larry I haven't a bleeding clue what you're talking about three parts of the time.


Aware that I am this is not a Miss World contest and as such there are sequential runners up, but those that know him will have no problem agreeing with me that one man stands alone, alone inasmuch that of all the writers on the internet today, there is not one who's star shines so bright. So allowed or not, republican that I am, that be republican with an extremely small "r" I'll have you know, tonight I embrace the Royalists and present, you think I'm going to give him a tacky title don't you, I wouldn't be so gauche as to insult the man.

I give you Arthur Silber author and writer extraorinaire. Simply, the best, I cannot say more.
And I'm sure you wouldn't want me to.

In no particular order, but this bit of a kid, in a nation of three hundred million, stands head and shoulders above them all. Enduring threats of violence and goodness knows what else along the way, has not only made me think she must have made millions think around the world.

Made millions think about this evil that has been brought to reign over the people of Iraq.
This evil that has resulted in the deaths and the tearing of limbs from the fragile bodies of tens of thousands, of numbers that cannot even be counted, of innocent children and their poor poor parents.
This evil that manifests itself in the form of George Bush, President of the United States of America.

Peace does take Courage Ava Lowery, you have shown more of it than a girl of your years should be asked to, you have a special place in my heart.


In spite of him calling me "his scary new fan" this foul mouthed gobshite is like no other foul mouth gobshite I have ever come across.

He is a very clever gobshite that has the imagination and the skill to take you along with him, be it to peek in at the Concerned Women (Vaginas) of America as the indulge in a circle jerk orgy of masturbatory fantasies on the end of cruciform dildos or to the depths of the Whitehouse dungeon as Karl Rove goes about his dark practices with his ever willing leather slave.

For all the places that you travel with the Rude Pundit, and for all the eloquence of his language, he never ever misses the mark in his message, it's on the money, always.
Signed, Cathy Bates. you fucking wanker.

As does Ava Lowery make me and others around the world think, then so does this girl.
She shows courage in a different way, she shows it every day by staying alive, no easy task in George Bush's Iraq.
She blogs from Baghdad, though she makes light of it, I would not like to think of the consequences were she to be discovered by the wrong people. Given the situation there I would suspect every living being apart from her most immediate family could easily be the "wrong people"

The pressure on this lass and her family must be enormous, how easily might a "right person" become a "wrong person" when they find themselves on the wrong end of an electric drill.
There must be a thousand and one dangers in just staying alive, let alone blogging on top of it all.

Lass we do think about you here in the west, never more so than when you go off line for protracted periods, there be plenty of us waiting with baited breaths to hear of your safe return.
I hope this little award somehow goes the tiniest way to show you that you are in our thoughts.
If you have a god may he protect you and your family. Riverbend. Baghdad Burning.

Well last but not least another blogger that has made me do an awful lot of thinking, I can't say for the main that they have been good thoughts. Occasionally she posts about a success but they are few and far between, I am sure she would be delighted to do just that, post more successes, but in Bushco's America, and in the "Prison Nation" fed by a judicial system that is a stranger to justice, there is scant good to write about.
I salute you Madam. Jeralyn Merrit. TalkLeft.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...


http://bit.ly/16otSsO