Tuesday, March 27, 2007

The Ark, Creationists, And A Case For Baby Shaking

.







In the beginning there was clip one. Before we move on to view some of the most amazing examples utter stupidity and how readily and proudly it is displayed by these fundamentalist clowns let us first examine some portions I have transcribed.
That I have taken the trouble to do so is for the main two part. The first , the obvious, no write no article. The second, it will save you rewinding the clip when you have one of those "I can't believe what I just heard" moments, believe me you really did.

Clip one opens with Howard Davis, minister for the United Church of God, hosting the television programme "Tomorrow" and after some initial gobble de gook explains the subject for today is "Evolution as a religion"
Davis goes on to introduce his pundit as Arnold Mendez, a university instructor of hard science who is with a "major American university" but fails to name this seat of learning.

It is not my intention to transcribe this verbatim, but you have to know, as Mendez explains in his opening gambit that evolution is not based on science, it is based on slanting of the data and other misconceptions, so now you know.
As Mendez continues to enlighten us with more of his scientific facts, Davis takes a moment out from blowing Mendez to ask some inane questions, but mentions this "major university" "that a lot of other people would recognise in other parts of the United States." but still fails to mention the name, why am I starting to smell a rat? (it turns out to be Texas A&M, Corpus Christi) anybody want to enlighten me?

Then the clip cuts to various players that will feature in this series of clips (Hat tip Johnplex)
Watch Mendez teach some "science" and take note of the age of his students, and we shall see more of Reverend Ricky in the next clip. I am at a bit of a loss as to the significance of the toilet seat, it's not something we wear in England, perhaps it's fashionable, but surely only in America.

It's not been the best couple of days that I have been having but will get clip two up in a few hours, so don't go watching the rest of them, do you hear?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great clip! I got mad, I laughed, I cried, and I was scared. Not many things can make one feel that many emotions in 5 minutes! HH

Himself said...

It gets better but it will be in the morning, I really don't have the humour for it tonight.