Monday, March 19, 2007

Still Here


And still slow, I talk of the blog loading, let's see if a racy picture of boop-boop-a-doop can speed things up a tad.

It must have been shear coincidence that the page slowed down when I uploaded a different depiction of darling little Boopy prior to this one.
It was a big gif that had lost it's sparkle, and given the vastness of my knowledge as to the workings of this piece of kit I thought it worth a try to see if it was "Herself" that was causing the problem.

I have to admit though she does look more than a little cute stood over there. Mmm, do I feel that we might see a "Daily Boop" adorn these pages? better than Evens me thinks, in fact I would go for odds on.

I have just ran a Bot check but nothing lurking about, had there been I'm sure Spybot would have found it, a fine piece of kit if ever there was one. I sweep this yoke once a week with Ad-Aware and Spybot SD, in that order, and if there is anything to be found it's always Spybot that finds it, you can download it free at the link.

Talking of software, I'm less than impressed with the 07 Norton, that really slows things down compared to the 06 version. Apparently it wants to scan everything, and I can believe it, it would give your granny a CAT scan before breakfast if you let it.
I did turn the phishing off and stopped it scanning Word docs when it brought then out the archives, but that seems to be as much as you can fiddle with this year, (I only follow instructions, I know squat) anybody know of further fiddling?

No comments: