Friday, September 02, 2011

Bachmann's Direct Line To God


Bachmann makes me proud to be atheist


Michele Bachmann has once again made me proud to be an atheist. Her controversial comment on hurricane Irene last weekend that she now claims was just a joke (she’s got such a great sense of humor, that woman!) made me happy that at age 16 I rejected the Catholicism that was forced on me at baptism and turned to the light and reason of atheism.

Bachmann, a right-wing Christian who believes her guy in the sky does horrible things to punish people he doesn’t like, said of the storm that battered the east coast from North Carolina to New England: “I don’t know how much god has to do to get the attention of politicians. We’ve had an earthquake, we’ve had a hurricane.”

She added: “He said, ‘Are you going to start listening to me here?’ Listen to the American people because the American people are roaring right now. They know the government is on a morbid obesity diet and we’ve got to rein in the spending.”

Huh? more

No comments: