Saturday, January 27, 2007

Us And Them

Us And Them.
or Get Your Rocks Off Bitch

Although the story is not about the woman, I couldn't but help watch the body language of the female interviewer throughout this twelve minute clip. Link dead, video embedded below.

The matter of fact way in which this interview was carried out, you might think they were discussing the price of herrings rather chopping off heads.

From the introduction: "There is no negotiating with him, once the head has ripened, when it's harvest time, he is most suited for the job."

"I started my work in 1412" said the executioner.

I could believe that, they were barbaric times, the fifteenth century.

"Do you cut off hands, or do you just do beheadings?"

"Yes I cut off hands; as well as a hand and a leg on alternate sides; as is written in the Koran."

My opinion, as is further writing, is entirely superfluous, this story tells its self.
But what does come to mind is this little image of Bush and his pal, and I cannot help but draw a comparison between the female interviewer in the clip and the depiction of the women in this scene taken from "The Life of Brian." "No women at the stoning."

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Abdallah Al-Bishi at 8:27

If the heart is compassionate, the hand fails.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/saudi-arabias-beheading-nanny-strict-procedures/story?id=18182757

The goal of the executions is to provide justice to the victims' families, said Brian Evans, director of the Amnesty's death penalty abolition campaign. As a result, a victim's family is allowed to call off the execution at the last minute.

Seems like a vicious circle to me.
-----------------------------------

Female show host at 9.15

Abdallah, we've heard that one day, you were executing several people, and the sword broke. Is that true? Tell us that story, please.

Sigh.

Anonymous said...

Saudi beheads seven men for armed robberies

Despite last-minute appeals by rights groups and UN, three men with swords reportedly carried out executions.

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/middleeast/2013/03/201331221118103218.html

Himself said...

Something I meant to pass on.

I read it last night, but I thought I better read it again when I was straight.

I THINK it's for real.

http://www.pagetutor.com/jokebreak/160.html

It's a funny old world lass, a funny old world indeed.

Himself said...

Evidently not, I just Googled

In retrospect, lighting the match was my big mistake

Funny all the same.

Anonymous said...

A light at the end of the tunnel.

http://urbanlegends.about.com/library/blbyol14.htm

It's a funny old world lad, a funny old world indeed.

Himself said...

Ah so.

No pun intended.

Morning Chuck.