Friday, September 14, 2007

Socking It For Suck It Jesus: Pam Spaulding

.
Way to go girl, I do enjoy reading a good slagging of the pious sanctimonious "Jesus belongs to me" brigade.


.
So at the Emmy Awards the other night, Kathy Griffin won a statue for her show "My Life on the D-List." Many people apparently find her funny.

At the ceremony, she said:

"A lot of people come up here and thank Jesus for this award. I want you to know that no one had less to do with this award than Jesus. Suck it, Jesus. This award is my God now."
Now the network that will be rebroadcasting the ceremony is going to cut the "offensive" comments from the edited version of the show.........


Gee, I kinda thought that when an omnipotent, omniscient, omnibenevolent, infinite sky wizard has your back, a silly comedic remark would be a tiny concern not even worthy of note. (I also kinda thought that the "thou shalt not kill" and "do unto others" majority in this "Christian" nation wouldn't illegally invade, use weapons of mass destuction, and torture the people of a sovereign nation that had nothing to do with 9/11. Shows you how much I understand Christianity.)



But no, "suck it, Jesus" is this year's Janet Jackson Mocha Mammary of Mass Destruction™ - an event so offensive and threatening to American sensibilities that it must not be seen or heard!

Naturally, I turn to FAUX News for the pulse of the faux moral outrage......more

No comments: